The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) mandates the Implementation and Maintenance of DOT drug and alcohol programs for employers who:
- Transport goods in a truck with a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more.
- Transport hazardous materials.
Maintenance includes the following types of drug testing, and training.
- Pre-employment Testing
- Random Testing
- Post Accident Testing
- Reasonable Suspicion Testing
- Follow-up Testing
- Employee Awareness Training
- Supervisor Training
O.M. Management assists with Drug & Alcohol Program Maintenance, providing oversight on:
- Covered Employee Lists
- Performing Random Testing
- Training and Guidance for your Drug Program Manager
- Laboratory Testing
- Medical Review Officers to verify test results
- Collection Sites where samples are taken
O.M. is A One-Stop Shop for Hiring and Drug & Alcohol Program Implementation & Maintenance, INCLUDING:
- Nationwide On-Site Collections, for Post-Accident & After-Hours testing.
- DMV background checks.
- Preparation of the Company’s FMCSA’s Anti-Drug & Alcohol Misuse Policy Manual.
- Two-Hour Drug & Alcohol Program Manager training course.
- SAMSHA certified laboratory to perform all DOT drug screen testing.
- Certified Medical Review Officer (MRO).
- Set-up of collection site(s) as needed, Nationwide.
- Authorized collection sites for drug & alcohol collections.
- Backup copies of all drug & alcohol tests performed.
- Driver Database, updated quarterly, including employee names, SSNs or Employee I.D. numbers.
- Randomly selected list of employees to be screened quarterly, using random-selection software.
- Blind tests following DOT regulations.
- Quarterly statistical reports from laboratory.
- Post-accident and “reasonable cause” screening.
- Signage and literature describing DOT & FMCSA required drug testing.
- Materials for your 2-hour Supervisor Education program.
- Materials for your mandatory 1-hour employee educational program.
- FMCSA annual report, if required.