The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) mandates all employers receiving financial assistance from the FTA, and contractors of those employers, must implement a drug & alcohol program designed to help prevent accidents, injuries, and fatalities resulting from the misuse of alcohol and prohibited drugs by employees who perform safety-sensitive functions.
O.M. Management helps monitor the day-to-day operations of your FTA drug & alcohol program to keep you in compliance. With a 2-hour FTA class, we train your Drug Program Manager (DPM), also known as Designated Employer Representative (DER), to implement and maintain the requirements of the regulations for your company. Your company’s Human Resources Manager will usually fill the role of DPM or DER.
Our Program Includes:
- Preparation of your Company’s FTA Anti-Drug & Alcohol Misuse Policy
- Two-hour Drug & Alcohol Program Manger training course & Materials
- SAMSHA certified laboratory
- Medical Review Officer
- Nationwide Collection Sites
- Driver Database with quarterly back-ups
- Computer Driven Random selections run quarterly
- Annual MIS report preparation
- Blind testing according to DOT regulation
- Maintain duplicate copies of all testing and random selections performed
- Signage and literature describing DOT/FTA requirements
- Two-hour Supervisor training course materials
- One-hour Employee Awareness training course materials